When I digital scrapbook, I create a whole layout on one document in Photoshop.  After I am finished with the page, I copy and paste each half of the layout onto separate "pages."  That way I can place them in my "books" that are later published.  You'll notice that I leave margins around the edges of each page to make room for "bleeding." Bleeding is where the picture is printed all the way to the edges, and some of the picture is lost in the printing.  

The most pages I have done in one week was about 160, which was a book I made of my family reunion in July 2006.  For the most part, the pages were very simple, and I used very few embellishments (not only because of time constraint, but also because I have five brothers who aren't really into "frills").  It was quite a task.  My mom came out to take care of my kids so I could finish the project before Christmas.  NOTE TO SELF: Don't attempt to do that many in a week again.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

I really like how this layout turned out. This lo is supposed to span over two pages, and the spine of the book will run down the middle of the page (hopefully blocking out the guy standing in the way). My color inspiration was from the French flag, except the large picture in the middle is covering what would be white. It wasn't hard to find a red; all I had to do was click on my color picker, and run the little eyedrop over Stuart's shirt until I found the red I wanted. For the blue, I ran the color picker over the blue overalls on the statue. Quick and easy layout. I finished it last week or the week before.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Dana...love the big picture in the middle. I should really try that on some of my pages. I like how it spans through both pages. I also like your flag inspirations. I can't believe that you were able to do 160 in a week...I didn't know that was even possible! You are awesome.