When I digital scrapbook, I create a whole layout on one document in Photoshop.  After I am finished with the page, I copy and paste each half of the layout onto separate "pages."  That way I can place them in my "books" that are later published.  You'll notice that I leave margins around the edges of each page to make room for "bleeding." Bleeding is where the picture is printed all the way to the edges, and some of the picture is lost in the printing.  

The most pages I have done in one week was about 160, which was a book I made of my family reunion in July 2006.  For the most part, the pages were very simple, and I used very few embellishments (not only because of time constraint, but also because I have five brothers who aren't really into "frills").  It was quite a task.  My mom came out to take care of my kids so I could finish the project before Christmas.  NOTE TO SELF: Don't attempt to do that many in a week again.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Las Vegas Carnival May 2005

Here's another quick page that I did last week or the week before. I took the pictures on the left with our video camera (still shots), and the resolution and coloring weren't that great, so I made them black and white. If you notice, these last two pages I've done I used the outer glow feature in Photoshop. I really like this feature because it's quick, and it gives the photos a little more definition. I've found that on darker pages, sometimes the shadows don't show up as much as I'd like, so I like to add the light/dark contrast to the lo.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Another great idea...love the film strip and the black and white pictures...so cool!